Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Grand Prairie, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Grand Prairie Power Outages Caused by Weather
If Texas Gov. Greg Abbott wins, Republicans continue their statewide dominance. If Democrat Beto O’Rourke pulls off a stunner and the Legislature remains...
The plane en route to Dallas Executive Airport reported engine problems before making its landing. Officials report "minimal damage" and no injuries.
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
Texas leads country for weather-related power outages
A line of storms that moved south through North Texas knocked out power for thousands of people in downtown Dallas late Sunday afternoon. An outage map on...
Roads into the airport in Austin, Texas are shut down after a power outage.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Texas has been shut down due to a power outage.
A line of severe thunderstorms caused street flooding, power outages to thousands and downed trees throughout North Texas Sunday afternoon. In Old East Dallas, ...
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
With extreme weather comes more power outages. Stay prepared with these portable generators recommended by the experts.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Grand Prairie, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Grand Prairie, Texas
|Zip Codes||75050, 75051, 75052, 75053, 75054|