Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Greenwood, Indiana? Contact your local utility company.
Greenwood Power Outages Caused by Weather
TRAFFIC ALERT: Accident in Warrick Co. causes small power outage | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW) Open Navigation Close Navigation
WARRICK Co. (WEHT) — A dump truck hit a utility pole early Friday morning in Warrick County causing a small power outage to nearby customers. According to dispatch, shortly before 6:30 a.m. a dump truck hit a utility pole and power lines in the area of Vann Road at Anderson Road. Multiple crews have responded […]
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
With Hurricane Ian's path uncertain, be prepared for rain, winds, & outages | Breaking | indexjournal.com
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best — that’s what Greenwood Emergency Management Coordinator Jamie Parrish said ahead of the inclement weather that’s anticipated from Hurricane Ian later this
Duke Energy customers in the Greenwood area experienced a power outage Tuesday caused by a squirrel getting into a substation.
WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) -- What's called a "rolling blackout" has never happened here before-- but due to back to back hot temperature days, some energy companies are warning it's a
Duke Energy crews to begin damage assessment, power restoration once winter storm moves through Carolinas | Duke Energy | News Center
A winter storm continues to move through the Carolinas today, cutting power to 67,000 Duke Energy customers so far, with more power outages likely to occur later today and into early Monday.
As utility crews worked to restore power to thousands of Lakelands residents, wind gusts in Sunday's winter storm downed trees throughout the region.
Strong to severe storms are expected to move into Indiana late Friday night through the overnight hours. Here's how you can stay weather aware.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Greenwood, Indiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||46142, 46143|