Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Greenwood, Mississippi? Contact your local utility company.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Pearl water outage to last until early evening for some homes, businesses Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Crews repairing water leak, an announcement from the city says.
Water restored in Presidential Hills community after power outage at water plant Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The power outage resulted in a water outage on Wednesday for about an hour.
UPDATE: Entergy announces planned power outages in Madison, Hinds County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Entergy Mississippi announces scheduled power outages in Madison County and Hinds County to “incorporate reliability improvements” for their customers.
Thousands of Entergy customers are without power in areas of Louisiana and Mississippi.
Power outages climb as storm rips across Central Mississippi Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Tuesday is an alert day, with severe weather ripping across the state.
As utility crews worked to restore power to thousands of Lakelands residents, wind gusts in Sunday's winter storm downed trees throughout the region.
Over 130K without power in Miss. as Ida continues charge Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The outages began as Hurricane Ida moved into the area.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Greenwood, Mississippi
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.