Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Greenwood, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
All day this Election Day, the Capital-Star will bring you the very latest on the 2022 general election.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
With Hurricane Ian's path uncertain, be prepared for rain, winds, & outages | Breaking | indexjournal.com
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best — that’s what Greenwood Emergency Management Coordinator Jamie Parrish said ahead of the inclement weather that’s anticipated from Hurricane Ian later this
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
O’Rourke hits Abbott over request for Texans to cut energy use amid heat wave | The Hill Open Navigation Close Navigation Search Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitter Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Whatsapp Email Facebook Twitter Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Whatsapp Email Visit our Facebook page Visit our Twitter profile Visit our LinkedIn profile
Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke knocked Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Sunday night after the state’s grid operator appealed to Texans to “voluntarily conserve electricity” during a statewide heat wave on Monday. “The governor of the 9th largest economy on earth — the energy capital of the world — can’t guarantee the power will stay…
Duke Energy crews to begin damage assessment, power restoration once winter storm moves through Carolinas | Duke Energy | News Center
A winter storm continues to move through the Carolinas today, cutting power to 67,000 Duke Energy customers so far, with more power outages likely to occur later today and into early Monday.
As utility crews worked to restore power to thousands of Lakelands residents, wind gusts in Sunday's winter storm downed trees throughout the region.
Thousands impacted by the downed trees and power lines on Monday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.