Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Gridley, California? Contact your local utility company.
California heat wave: 3 cities may have needlessly cut power to homes
Three cities appear to have mistakenly instituted blackouts after a miscommunication with the operator of the California electric grid.
Thousands in Lodi lose power unnecessarily due to miscommunication between power agencies | News | lodinews.com
A communication error between two energy agencies caused nearly 1,400 customers in Lodi to lose power for 45 minutes Tuesday night.
Hit-and-run crash causes power outage and small fire in south Oroville | Local | actionnewsnow.com
Feather River Boulevard was closed as firefighters hosed down the pole and crews were inspecting it for damage.
PG&E working to fix morning power outages all over California | Local | actionnewsnow.com
Calif.- A power outage that has affected potentially thousands of PG&E customers all over California is said to be caused by a technical issue that inadvertently interrupted service to certain
Public Works Department | City of Gridley
A quaint community with a population in excess of 7,000 residents is located in the heart of the beautiful Sacramento Valley at the foot of the world's smallest mountain range, the Sutter Buttes.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Gridley, California
Gridley, CA (5:10 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage ev… https://t.co/soB9K8CGQf
Gridley, CA (7:01 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage ev… https://t.co/06YzdJi6qs
Gridley, CA (5:23 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage ev… https://t.co/0mhoTrm3U3
Gridley, CA (4:34 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage ev… https://t.co/amGUq83is7
Gridley, CA (12:44 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage e… https://t.co/fIJYd6SLgK
Hi guys there is no school again because everyone say it have rumors about my school of power outage and now i know… https://t.co/sPfzX9vB52
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other California cities.