Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Guadalupe, California? Contact your local utility company.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
More than 1,000 Salt River Project customers were still affected by outages as of Monday morning. At least 400 of those were due to storm activity.
Newborn injured after doctor performs cesarean during power outage Newborn injured after doctor performs cesarean during power outage
A Mexicali newborn's ear was badly cut after a doctor decided to proceed with a C-section using cell phones for lighting during a power cut.
For most of Sunday night and into Monday morning, more than 350,000 customers in Tijuana and other Northern Baja California communities had no electricity.
If you are experiencing a gas outage in your home, call your gas company and if you need medical attention, call 9-1-1, the Seguin Police Department said.
Stay warm and safe, San Antonio.
Thousands of Central Coast PG&E customers were without power early Wednesday morning
The occupants of the vehicle escaped with minor injuries, according to Guadalupe Fire Department.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Guadalupe, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.