Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Halbur, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Watch for results for the 2022 Iowa State Auditor race.
Halbur has had a career in banking, owns a school supply distribution company with his wife, and is a former CFO of the state Alcoholic Beverages Division.
Storm causes power outages, damage across Iowa Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The storm, which brought winds north of 60 miles per hour, caused multiple reports of damage throughout the state.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Halbur, Iowa
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.