Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Haledon, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Friday’s credit card outage shows how vulnerable NJ is
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
NJ congressman demands answers from JCP&L about multiple outages
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Nor'easter impact on NJ — heavy rain, some power outages loading... loading...
Meteorologist Dan Zarrow said the worst of the storm is behind us although there will be one more surge of rain and gusty winds on Tuesday night.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Haledon, New Jersey
@Surelyyouareki2 @nick_ts @SethAbramson I chose a hybrid using Regenerative braking. I’m not ready to go full Elec… https://t.co/0M4KAR5F2K
If you're looking for a positive tonight for the #NJDevils, at least there wasn't a power outage at Prudential Cent… https://t.co/M9wMuSMEKG
Due to a power outage, the Overlook Corporate Center building is closed today. All Overlook staff is working remote… https://t.co/XjtDUJvR1g
Preparing for today's Severe Weather threat. Charge mobile devices. If you experience a power outage call PSEG directly @ 1-800-436-7734.
good morning, my heart goes out to everyone in the southern part of the US whose dealing with all the power outages… https://t.co/EiaLlcXQ1u
Please be advised the Rutherford Volunteer Fire Dept has responded to several calls for the unsafe operation of gen… https://t.co/rqeqs0c98e
Today's virtual program with the Bergen County Zoo was canceled due to power outages from Tuesday's storm. But we h… https://t.co/1oRbGobstb
Our Care Team realizes that many folks have been affected by the power outage. If you have an immediate need, pleas… https://t.co/w5iLIwkKIK
You guys haven’t seen the worst humanity can be until there’s a power outage in your town and starbucks is the only… https://t.co/M9PXr5fCYu
FoodSafety. gov has a chart for determining how long foods will stay fresh and usable after a power outage.… https://t.co/nRhXY25aOK
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New Jersey cities.
Haledon, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Zip Codes||07508, 07538|