Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hamilton, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Power restored to Guilford Hills area of Greensboro | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — About 1,000 people lost power in Greensboro on Monday morning, but the lights were back on by noon. Duke Energy reported 952 customers without power in the Guilford Hills area of Greensboro as of about 10:43 a.m. Monday. By noon, the outage map showed that power was restored. The area includes […]
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
A power outage affecting a good part of downtown Hampton isn't expected to be fixed until later this afternoon.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — A power outage in southwest Bakersfield near Gosford and Ashe Roads is impacting nearly 2,000 PG&E customers, according to an alert message sent out by PG&E. The affected area is to have power restored at approximately 10:45 p.m., according to the PG&E website.
For the first time this year, Indiana's power grid is at high risk for energy emergencies. Here's what you can do to keep the lights on.
Hundreds in Davidson County impacted by power outages | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — Hundreds were left without power in northern Davidson County Tuesday. Tuesday was the second day of widespread outages impacting homes and businesses. The power has been out across Lexington, Welcome, parts of Midway and up and down US 52. Duke Energy’s online outage map showed just under 600 customers were […]
Entergy is planning multiple power outages in Southeast Texas this week.
Theater-goers in St. Louis couldn't into the room where it was supposed to happen at the Fabulous Fox Theatre Thursday night, because the lights went out.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hamilton, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.