Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hampton, Tennessee? Contact your local utility company.
Daylight saving time: SC, Ga. join these states in effort to stop changing the clocks twice a year | WSAV-TV Open Navigation Close Navigation
In just a few weeks, we'll be setting our clocks back an hour. Some states, however, are trying to put a stop to the twice-yearly changing of the clocks.
According to Norfolk dispatchers, a crash occurred around 1:06 a.m. in the 7200 block of Hampton Boulevard in the North Meadow Brook neighborhood.
Squirrel caused 10K-plus to lose power in Virginia Beach Wednesday, Dominion says | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
More than 10,000 people lost power Wednesday morning in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation, Dominion Energy says.
Albemarle EMC to conduct scheduled power outage in Perquimans County | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
The outage will take place at 7 a.m. to make emergency repairs and affected members' power will be off for approximately 30 minutes.
Officers investigating after driver leaves scene of utility pole crash Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Huntsville Utilities Electric Operations is responding to a power outage in the Big Cove area Sunday from Miller Lane to Old Big Cove Road.
Major power outage reported in Western Tidewater area; power restored to nearly all customers | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
A major power outage has been reported in the Western Tidewater area on Monday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hampton, Tennessee
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.