Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hanover, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Electricity supply across Bangladesh has been restored after the South Asian country plunged into a blackout following the failure of its national power grid. The blackout, which impacted much of
Sunday storm causes school closures, delays in Central Virginia as power outages persist | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
A Sunday evening storm through Central Virginia had lingering impacts, with school closures and delays seen across the commonwealth Monday morning.
WILKES-BARRE — Electrical service has been restored to nearly 1,000 PPL customers in Wilkes-Barre after a power outage Tuesday morning that postponed a homicide…
Several downed power lines shut down Route 80 and caused widespread power outages throughout Morris and Sussex Counties, developing reports say.The power lines were knocked down and a brush fire started in the westbound lanes near milepost…
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
More than 3,000 customers without power in Richmond during afternoon storms | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
As stormed raged across the region on Friday afternoon residents throughout the area lost power. In Richmond, 3,348 Dominion Energy customers were without power.
More than 70,000 report power outages in metro Richmond and Tri-Cities | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
More than 20 thousand customers are currently without power due to severe thunderstorms ripping across the commonwealth.
As of 5:30 p.m., PPL says about 1,800 customers in Carlisle are still without power after an outage a little before 5 p.m. Tuesday.
WILKES-BARRE — Electrical service has mostly been restored to approximately 4,000 customers of PPL Electric Utilities after an outage that affected a wide area…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hanover, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.