Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hardin, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
HAPPENING NOW: Wreck causes power outage, traffic diversion in southeast Abilene | KTAB - BigCountryHomepage.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A wreck caused a power outage and traffic diversion in southeast Abilene Thursday morning. The wreck happened on the 3900 block of Wake Forest Lane around 9:30 a.m. Police at the scene told KTAB and KRBC an oil truck grabbed a low-hanging line, taking down two power poles in the area. […]
Some Entergy customers are out of power this morning after a single car accident in Orange. Crews are working to restore power as quickly as possible.Entergy's
Entergy Texas: Large load moving through Cleveland and New Caney Monday night may cause brief outages | Bluebonnet News
Boil water notice issued for multiple cities in Central Texas | KWKT - FOX 44 Open Navigation Close Navigation
CENTRAL TEXAS (FOX 44) – UPDATE: A power outage has led to a boil water notice for several Central Texas cities. Power was lost at approximately 1:10 p.m. Sunday at the Belton Water Treatment Plant. The Bell County Water Control and Improvement District #1, which supplies the city’s water, has issued a boil water notice effective […]
Oncor personnel are on the job, battling the icy conditions to get the power back on to thousands of Texans. As of 6 a.m., there were more than 22,000 people in the dark. Oncor says the majority of those outages are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and the counties to the northeast. A look at […]
TxDOT representative Sarah Dupre says crews are out today treating highway 69 and I-10.
HARKER HEIGHTS, Texas – The Harker Heights Police Department is asking the community to avoid the area of Verna Lee Boulevard, near Maplewood Drive, until further notice. High winds have caused a utility pole carrying high voltage lines to crack and become unstable. Emergency services and utilities are on scene trying to make the necessary […]
Entergy Texas received permission to cancel rolling blackouts Tuesday afternoon
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hardin, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.