Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Harriman, Tennessee? Contact your local utility company.
A Grip on Sports: Before the storm of college football hits today, we were overwhelmed a bit by the wind | The Spokesman-Review Arrow-right Camera The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
A GRIP ON SPORTS • We didn’t hear a “timber.” But even if the squirrel that lives in our maple tree had screamed it at the top of its lungs, the wind was howling so intently at 1:15 in the morning, we wouldn’t have heard it. We did, however, hear the big limb crash into the house.
The outage is necessary to improve reliability at a Harriman substation.
Significant power outage expected in Harriman, Tenn. Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The Tennessee Valley Authority says that there will be a significant power outage in Harriman, Tenn. Friday night due to a faulty component in an electric substation.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Harriman, Tennessee
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.