Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Harrison, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
The battle for the Senate is coming down to a handful of unresolved races, as Georgia's contest heads to a runoff.
RIVER VALLEY, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — UPDATE: As of 9 p.m., OG&E 250 customers do not have service. It is expected to be restored “no later than 3 p.m. Saturday,” according to a press release. The customers without service are primarily in the Poteau area. RIVER VALLEY, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — UPDATE: As of 12 p.m., OG&E […]
A severe storm with damaging winds impacted Paris, Arkansas on Sunday, July 18 leaving behind downed trees, downed power lines, and a severely damaged electrical system.
Fayetteville power outage restored after affecting traffic signals, causing hazards Open Navigation Close Navigation
Just before 5 p.m. on June 7, the Fayetteville Police Department reported that multiple power outages in the city are affecting traffic signals and causing potential hazards.
Power outage affecting polling location, election headquarters in Fayetteville Open Navigation Close Navigation
A power outage at the Washington County Courthouse could be impacting polling locations.
Thousands of East Texans without power after storm system moves through area Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Several thousand East Texans are without power after a storm system barreled through the area Saturday night.
Power outages, some storm damage reported Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
No injuries have been reported
A 20-year-old woman was killed when a tree fell on a mobile home in Cleveland County late afternoon Wednesday as storms moved through the area, Cleveland County Emergency Manager Stephen McClellan said.
Freezing rain is forecast across most of Arkansas today.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Harrison, Arkansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.