Did you lose power?
Florida’s two largest electric utilities have some 22000 workers ready to address anticipated power outages as massive Hurricane Ian takes aim…
Overnight thunderstorms in southeast Michigan left hundreds of thousands without power, and are being attributed to a teen girl's death.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
"It was a fluke accident," PNM spokesman Ray Sandoval said. "Birds land on wires and poles all the time. This guy — the way he landed or took off, his
Power outages reported in parts of Plano; here's a resource to check if your home, business is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
Power outages were reported in parts of the city of Plano on Monday afternoon.
Nearly 60,000 power outages reported in north central Ohio after powerful storms | Weather | richlandsource.com
RICHLAND COUNTY -- Almost 60,000 customers were without power Tuesday morning across north central Ohio after powerful storms packing high winds roared through the area Monday night.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hartford City, Indiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Hartford City, Indiana