Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Havertown, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Power Out For 348 PECO Customers At 1:30 p.m. Today In Chester County - Tredyffrin-Easttown, PA - This morning's rain storm caused power outages in Kennett, West Whiteland, Willstown and Tredyffrin townships.
Late Season Winter Storm Drops Heavy Snow On Central PA - Across Pennsylvania, PA - The unusual storm caused road closures, power outages, and car accidents as it moved through central Pennsylvania.
Havertown residents and business owners are fed up with frequent power outages on one of the hottest weeks of the year.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Havertown, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.