Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Highlands, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Utility companies in Florida have been working around the clock after the storm knocked out power to 2 million people. Many of those outages were customers of FPL, Duke Energy, Tampa Electric and a few dozen other municipally owned electric companies and rural electric cooperatives.
Storms brought heavy rain and strong winds to parts of North Texas, causing some flooding issues and power outages Sunday.
Eastman released information on the cause of the July 22 power outage at the Kingsport plant.
In response to a heat warning issued by the National Weather Service, League City Public Works is taking measures to keep the Dallas Salmon Wastewater Treatment Plant and other facilities running.
1,200 Entergy customers in Baton Rouge impacted by planned power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
At least 1,200 Entergy customers were impacted by a planned power outage following a car crash in Baton Rouge on Friday, June 24.
A winter storm warning has Dallas-Fort Worth residents bracing for cold temperatures, freezing rain, snow and possible power outages. Here is how to check on...
Thousands across Pearland, Friendswood, Clear Lake and League City are without power as of the morning of Sept. 14 due to Hurricane Nicholas.
UPDATED: Some CenterPoint customers may be without power for days following Hurricane Nicholas damage | Community Impact
As of 6:37 p.m. Sept. 14, more than 120,000 remaiined without power across the Greater Houston area.
The power outage will be in effect from 5:30 a.m.-noon in the area of April Sound and Cape Conroe.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Highlands, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.