Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Hilton Head Island Power Outages Caused by Weather
Hurricane Ian made landfall Friday afternoon in Georgetown, South Carolina.
St. Simons Island - Friday in coastal Georgia was a day of cleanup for some and feeling thankful for many.
How has Hurricane Ian affected popular tourist destinations?
Palmetto Electric preparing for possible outages caused by Ian Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Power outages are a possibility later this week as Ian moves across our area.
Thousands of customers without internet after Comcast outage hits Charleston area | News | postandcourier.com
Customers with Xfinity, Comcast's brand for internet, TV and home phone services, noticed their Wi-Fi go down the morning of July 25.
Heavy rainfall floods roads and knocks out power across Charleston County | News | postandcourier.com
By 6:45 p.m., a slow-moving storm system had dumped 4 to 6 inches of rain across portions of Daniel Island and Mount Pleasant, according to the National Weather Service. An
Green Power Looks Great in Plaid: RBC Heritage, Palmetto Electric and Santee Cooper Celebrate 14 Years of Green Power
Strong wind gusts lead to road hazards and power outages in Chatham County | WSAV-TV Open Navigation Close Navigation
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Strong winds created dangerous conditions for Chatham County after severe weather visited the area overnight. Wind gusts spread debris on the roadways and several power outages across the region Monday morning. There were several reports of downed trees, tree limbs and traffic lights out of commission. In Pooler, the winds brought […]
Winds up to 69 mph blast Charleston area, toppling steeple, construction scaffolding | News | postandcourier.com
The National Weather Service’s Charleston office clocked speeds of 69 mph at Shutes Folly, a small island about a mile offshore at Charleston Harbor, according to a meteorologist. The weather
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
|City||Hilton Head Island|
|State||South Carolina (SC)|
|Zip Codes||29925, 29926, 29928, 29938|