Did you lose power?
Nicole made landfall just south of Vero Beach as a Category 1 hurricane around 3 a.m. Thursday. Here are some of the latest updates, pictures, and video of weather impacts in South Florida.
There were no reported injuries, but Mohave Electric Cooperative said the pole damage left about 36,000 customers in the dark for at least a day.
Electric utilities around the world had an unusually rough year in 2021, partly due to extreme weather events. Virtually everyone in Taos County knows that Kit Carson Electric Cooperative did,
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.