Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hudson, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
The gray, billowy weather is expected to remain in much of New Jersey until mid-week.
Follow the New York Post's live coverage of Hurricane Ian as it tracks towards landfall in Florida and the US. Get the latest on path updates, timelines, evacuation notices and more.
Watch live streaming web cameras and photos showing views of communities around the United States. All cameras are powered by Weather Vision.
Utility crews restored service overnight to the majority of customers who lost service when thunderstorms swept through eastern upstate New York and western New England
BIG BAY, Mich. (WJMN) – Members of the Alger-Delta Cooperative Electric Association will experience a planned power outage later this month. The outage will take place on Monday, June 20 beginning at 8 a.m. and lasting for approximately six hours. Alger-Delta Cooperative Electric Association says the outage will allow crew members to safely perform critical […]
A round of severe storms is rolling through Northeast Ohio Wednesday evening.
Winds packing gusts that topped 50 mph pummeled a huge swath of upstate overnight,...
Central Hudson has shared a video with the Hudson Valley to help clear up some common restoration questions.
More than 250,000 without power as deadly winter storm brings icy hazards NBC News Logo Search Search NBC News Logo MSNBC Logo Today Logo
More than 300,000 customers were out of power Friday morning as a deadly winter storm prompted fresh concerns over potentially hazardous ice accumulations.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hudson, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.