Did you lose power?
iTWire - Technology News and Jobs Australia
John Fetterman wins Senate race and Josh Shapiro elected Pa. governor as Democrats take both statewide races tooltip tooltip
Voters have chosen Pennsylvania's next governor and a new U.S. senator to represent the commonwealth.
News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the world?s leading global business publication
The winter storm has damaged dozens of utility poles and brought down numerous power lines. Crews are working hard to make repairs. Most customers who can accept power are expected to have it today.
Let the 5NEWS Weather Team keep you up-to-date on the February winter storm hitting Arkansas & Oklahoma Wednesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.