Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hugo, Oklahoma? Contact your local utility company.
Pomerelle Ski Resort has announced that they can start the season early.
Echo Park restaurant struggles as heat wave triggers power outages | Echo Park News | theeastsiderla.com
Echo Park - First the pandemic threatened to put The Park’s Finest out of business. Now, power outages from the heat wave seem to be an even bigger problem, according
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
Tens of thousands of Southern California Edison customers may lose power during the electric supply company's scheduled outages, with some of the customers being left in the dark during this week's heat wave.
For the second time this month, Public Service Company of Oklahoma is staging manpower and equipment in McAlester ahead of Thursday’s forecast winter weather.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.