Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Huntington Beach, California? Contact your local utility company.
Huntington Beach Power Outages Caused by Weather
Over 2,500 Lose Power In Long Beach: SCE - Long Beach, CA - 2,683 customers in Long Beach lost power Tuesday morning.
Power outage in Huntington Beach leaves as many as 15,700 Southern California Edison customers in the dark - Los Angeles Times
Residents reported hearing explosions and seeing flashes of blue light before everything went dark Sunday night.
A community remains on edge as an uptick in burglaries continue targeting an affluent Huntington Beach neighborhood. Millions of dollars in cash and jewelry have been stolen as thieves specifically target the Huntington Harbour area, with at least 20 reported burglaries this year. Police now believe that many, if not most of the break–ins, are […]
Thousands Lose Power In Long Beach - Long Beach, CA - Metallic balloon causes 3,000 residents in Long Beach to lose power.
The California Independent System Operator had issued a level 3 alert, a sign that the grid couldn't meet the state's electrical needs.
Temperature records set in Orange County over Labor Day weekend, heat wave continuing through Friday - Los Angeles Times
Temperatures continued to rise over the weekend and reached as high as 108 degrees in Santa Ana.
Extreme temperatures have sent electric demand on the grid to record levels.
Extreme Heat Power Outages + Brew Ha Ha + Fairview Fire Deaths - Orange County, CA - The quickest way to catch up on the most important things happening today in Orange County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Huntington Beach, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Huntington Beach, California
|Zip Codes||92605, 92615, 92646, 92647, 92648, 92649|