Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Idabel, Oklahoma? Contact your local utility company.
PSO crews near complete with Idabel power restoration | KTUL
The Public Service Company of Oklahoma said crews have nearly completed all repairs as of 6 p.m. Sunday night in the Idabel area after a tornado struck Friday n
Sardis twister confirmed as EF-2 strength
An EF-2 tornado touched down near Sardis on Friday night, causing damage to homes and snapping trees, National Weather Service personnel confirmed Saturday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Idabel, Oklahoma
Do you have the power? Batteries are your friend during a power outage. It’s recommended to take inventory of the i… https://t.co/hWYhQExSEx
At 4:03 AM CDT, Haworth [Mccurtain Co, OK] FIRE DEPT/RESCUE reports TSTM WND DMG. REPORTS OF WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAG… https://t.co/HPOm1rjRsC
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.