Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Idyllwild, California? Contact your local utility company.
These power outages happened as California's power grid manager asked people to conserve their energy during the heat wave, since the high temperatures push the grid to its limits.
Lightning strike causes Valleywide power outage
Power outage map: Where Southern California Edison has cut electricity or is considering it (Oct. 31) – Daily News
Southern California Edison has put many customers on notice in San Bernardino County and Riverside County that they might lose power due to wildfire risk.
Southern California is under a high wind warning. Officials are taking measures to reduce the threat of wildfires, Southern California Edison reports.
Electricity still off Friday after safety concerns caused by wind gusts up to 44 mph lead So Cal Edison to shut off power in the San Jacinto Mountain communities early Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Idyllwild, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.