Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Independence, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
Announcements DONATE YOUR CAR TO KIDS. Your donation helps fund the search for missing children. Accepting Trucks, Motorcycles & RV’s , too! Fast Free Pickup – Running or Not – 24 Hour Response – Maximum Tax Donation – Call (888) 515-3810. SW ————————————— DENTAL INSURANCE from Physicians Mutual Insurance Company. Coverage for 350 plus procedures.
STORAGE UNITS FOR RENT
STORAGE UNITS FOR RENT
As power outages linger a week after Hurricane Fiona, Puerto Ricans wonder why government isn't doing more.
More than 500 without power in River Market area Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
More than 500 customers in the River Market area are without power tonight.
After 17 hours without electricity, the Missouri town finally got its power back
Wind damage from thunderstorms that rolled through the area Monday evening appears to have been widespread, mostly taking down trees and branches and damaging nearby property.
EF1 tornado confirmed in Johnson County, EF2 tornado in Jackson County, 2 EF0 tornadoes in Miami County
Stay with the First Alert Weather Team for updates
According to Evergy, thousands in the Kansas City metro are without power after loud storms and a possible tornado passed through the area.
Kansas City weather: Thousands lost power during storms Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Thousands of homes in the Kansas City metro were without power as storms passed through Tuesday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Independence, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.