Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Jamesport, New York? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Jamesport, New York
"Power Outage at J.F.K. Airport Scrambles Flights" by Emily Schmall via NYT https://t.co/Dk6lEaTjyJ
At 2:45 PM EDT, Calverton [Suffolk Co, NY] TRAINED SPOTTER reports TROPICAL STORM. TREE DOWN ON ELM STREET WITH POW… https://t.co/SkKCKMl6Dl
Fires Spread Amid Power Outages in Northern California https://t.co/jordNyr36Q https://t.co/22NcDUlvOQ
"Why Guzzling 12,063 Megawatts Dimmed the Big City" by Azi Paybarah via NYT https://t.co/iR4QVL6AKJ
Near hurricane-force winds are whipping Long Island. See the latest wind gust reports and where power outages are h… https://t.co/Te3Kgvfmj7
Near hurricane-force winds are whipping Long Island. See the latest wind gust reports and where power outages are h… https://t.co/ZXmNA7FdbR
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New York cities.
Jamesport, New York
|State||New York (NY)|