Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Jamestown, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Jamestown Power Outages Caused by Weather
WESTFIELD — The village of Westfield is in the process of making several improvements to the reliability of its electric system. Andrew Thompson, village De
WESTFIELD — The Westfield Electric system, which serves about 3,300 residential and commercial customers, was working to restore power after an outage that be
National Grid crews ready to respond to winds in Western New York | News 4 Buffalo Open Navigation Close Navigation
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — National Grid has increased staffing in preparation for Saturday’s high winds, extending evening and overnight shifts. More than 2,500 line, service, tree, damage assessment and public safety workers are ready to respond to damage that may occur. The company is also reminding people that if a power outage occurs, customers can […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Jamestown, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Jamestown, New York
|State||New York (NY)|
|Zip Codes||14701, 14702|