Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Jamesville, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Syracuse Latin School closing early due to power outage - syracuse.com
Students will be let out early and there will be no after-school activities, the school announced.
Equipment failure leaves thousands without power in Fayetteville, Manlius, and Pompey | WSTM
MANLIUS, N. Y. - National Grid is working to restore power to thousands of customers in eastern Onondaga County Tuesday night. Crews are working to repair a local substation after an equipment failure left 9,500 customers without power in Fayetteville, Manlius, Pompey and Jamesville. Since the outage first started Tuesday afternoon, service was restored to more than 6,000 customers. We're told the power for the remaining 3,500 customers could taken until noon on Wednesday to be restored.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Jamesville, New York
I reached out to support and they suggested we use the mobile app. That does not work for us, we requested Desk Pho… https://t.co/AeigpwyoRR
@VerizonBusiness I am a new business customer very unhappy with my service. I requested Desk Phones for our branche… https://t.co/tEk93XQcMv
3 dead, power outages skyrocket as relentless ice storm wreaks havoc in Texas, mid-South for 3rd day https://t.co/3GMLBdbT35
@JoeBiden @CanadianPM Victim of flooding in area transformers owing up u derground boxes in Syracuse NYS Radisson a… https://t.co/PzHbe3DrYA
Snow covered, slippery roads this morning. Power outages reported in #Manlius #Minoa https://t.co/do4gl2uoqs
Have a power outage this Christmas? NewsChannel 9 has all the power outage maps and closing information you need an… https://t.co/bELC4Khd2e
@samth My… concern(?) is that power outages may be a worry? But they are already a worry right now.
@TedMielczarek Yeah. The power outage thing is a problem with furnaces too, I think, but not as seriously as with h… https://t.co/cOtmxuqP9d
Damage from Winter Storm Elliott can be felt across the country. Locally, areas are experiencing are power outages… https://t.co/AA9ck1OTnz
FRIDAY 1:30 PM UPDATE: PEAK WIND GUSTS (airports): Buffalo: 69 MPH Rochester: 69 MPH Dunkirk: 67 MPH Niagara Falls… https://t.co/wTxMIjzjgy
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New York cities.
Jamesville, New York
|State||New York (NY)|