Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Jasper, Alabama? Contact your local utility company.
Jasper Power Outages Caused by Weather
Food spoilage, frustration as Jasper, Alta., residents grapple with continued power outages | CBC News
The mountain town has only had intermittent power since Sunday after the nearby Chetamon Mountain wildfire knocked out the main power grid. Atco has been working to transition the town onto generator power.
Electrical utilities concerned about supply and demand issues - Dubois County Free Press, Inc. Expand Expand Expand Toggle Menu Search
Verizon Wireless reported a widespread outage in Georgia on Valentine’s Day.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|35501, 35502, 35503, 35504