Did you lose power?
Jefferson Power Outages Caused by Weather
OpenSSL patched. US Government network misconfiguration. Cyberespionage, and aid in a hybrid war. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
OpenSSL patched today. Misconfiguration risk to US government networks' security and compliance. Hacking Ms Truss's phone. Assistance for Ukraine's cyber defense. DNS threats.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Most power restored after large Columbia Water and Light outage - ABC17NEWS circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Two transformer fires near Green Hill High School caused power outages for residents for about an hour Friday afternoon.
A tree the width of a small sedan crashed through a brick house, killing two girls ages 3 months and 11 months, the authorities said.
Alabama Power was reporting more than 40,000 outages due to strong storms moving through central Alabama on Thursday night.
Ameren Missouri crews restore power to nearly all Audrain County customers - ABC17NEWS circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.