Did you lose power?
Jefferson Power Outages Caused by Weather
Follow live updates from San Antonio on election night, including Abbott vs. Beto and local races.
OpenSSL patched. US Government network misconfiguration. Cyberespionage, and aid in a hybrid war. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
OpenSSL patched today. Misconfiguration risk to US government networks' security and compliance. Hacking Ms Truss's phone. Assistance for Ukraine's cyber defense. DNS threats.
Natural Gas Futures Plunge Below $5 as Weather, Fundamentals ‘Bad as You’ll Ever See’ - Natural Gas Intelligence
Natural gas futures collapsed further on Friday, settling at a level not seen in seven months as widespread warmth was seen continuing longer, limiting
About 700 Massena Electric Department customers impacted by power outage | St. Lawrence County | nny360.com
MASSENA — About 700 Massena Electric Department customers in East Massena lost power Thursday morning after a motor vehicle accident took down an MED pole on the North Raquette River
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
Customers are currently reporting power outages in Elmira, according to NYSEG's outage map.
Over 1,500 customers are reporting power outages in Elmira on Wednesday morning, according to NYSEG.
The power outages affected thousands in Morris and Sussex counties after the line collapsed across a section of Route 80 West in Jefferson.
Two transformer fires near Green Hill High School caused power outages for residents for about an hour Friday afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Jefferson, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Jefferson, New York
|State||New York (NY)|