Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Jewell, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(800) 255-4268 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 228-8485 Report Online
Niagara Mohawk Power
Report an Outage(800) 867-5222 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 572-1131 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 343-3525 Report Online
Sussex County and Morris County power outage after I-80 accident
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Aug 9, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.