Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Joshua Tree, California? Contact your local utility company.
Joshua Tree Power Outages Caused by Weather
North Carolina A&T has resumed classes after electrical service was restored to most of the campus.
Puerto Rico power outage: Hurricane Fiona makes landfall in battered, powerless territory - ABC7 Los Angeles
Hurricane Fiona made landfall along the extreme southwestern coast of Puerto Rico near Punta Tocon Sunday afternoon.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Arizona will likely see more monsoon storms over the weekend after several days of heavy rain and flash flooding.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
With multiple planned maintenance power outages by Southern California Edison expected in Twentynine Palms this week (July 18-July 22), the Senior Center
Thousands of power customers across Northern Virginia are waking up without electricity after severe storms swept the region.
California officials are weighing whether to list the iconic western Joshua tree as a threatened species, a designation that would make it harder to remove the trees for housing, solar or other development projects.
A storm that had already dumped a foot of snow in some parts of the country caused more problems on Thursday because of accumulating ice. Thousands of flights were canceled.
West Seattle Blog… | UPDATE: Power outage in south West Seattle, fully restored after two hours (updated with cause)
West Seattle news, 24/7
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Joshua Tree, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Joshua Tree, California