Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Julian, California? Contact your local utility company.
Trying to understand food expiration dates can be confusing at the very least. Discover the top myths to stop believing while maintaining safe food practices.
Some Island homeowners are adding battery storage to their solar systems after power outages left them powerless after post-tropical storm Fiona.
A California pilot project is testing transit buses as a source of mobile backup power. If it works, they could replace dirty diesel generators during…
Beverly Hills Courier - Council Grills Southern California Edison Over Outages — Beverly Hills Courier
Beverly Hills City Council members spent 90 minutes at their Oct. 11 Regular City Council Meeting excoriating Southern California Edison, the utility that provides electricity for most of the city’s homes and businesses.
A power pole has been damaged in Rio Linda Sunday afternoon.
Heavy rains began in San Diego and moved north, with some expected to last into Saturday.
California narrowly avoided blackouts for a second successive day even as blistering temperatures pushed electricity demand to a record and stretched the state’s power grid close to its limits.
Senior mobile homes lose power during excessive heat conditions in California Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A Southern California senior mobile home park has been without power since Thursday evening.
According to PG&E, 3,382 customers lost power around 11 a.m. along Highway 68.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Julian, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.