Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in June Lake, California? Contact your local utility company.
UPDATE 10AM: Power has been fully restored around Carson City, according to NV Energy. **** More than 650 NV Energy customers in Carson City were without power Friday morning due to multiple outage areas. The cause of the outage is under investigation.
/PRNewswire/ -- Goal Zero, a portable energy leader, today announced its inaugural annual report on consumer behavior and attitudes toward power usage and...
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
The outage lasted about an hour a half Wednesday afternoon.
RIP Marsha Hunt + DWP Fixes Outages + Emmy Awards Traffic On Monday - Los Angeles, CA - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Los Angeles.
This post includes information about power shutoffs and evacuations during the Sept. 2022 wind storm. This post will be updated.
Here's the latest on power outages, record-shattering heat and possible future storms in California and the S.F. Bay Area.
Ukiah hits all-time high temp of 117; six cooling stations open in Mendocino County • The Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CAThe Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CA Ukiah hits all-time high temp of 117; six cooling stations open in Mendocino County • The Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CA
The heat wave will persist in Mendocino County through Friday, according to the latest weather reports.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from June Lake, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
June Lake, California