Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kandiyohi, Minnesota? Contact your local utility company.
Kandiyohi Power Outages Caused by Weather
West Central Tribune Minute: WMU employees jump in to help with power restoration efforts in Florida - West Central Tribune | News, weather, sports from Willmar Minnesota
Follow this west central Minnesota news and weather podcast on Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
Students at Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School will be sent home early Thursday.
Hundreds of Xcel Energy crews are working to restore power to customers across Minnesota in the midst more severe weather Thursday night.
Late February power outage in Willmar caused by equipment failure - West Central Tribune | News, weather, sports from Willmar Minnesota
An overnight power outage in Willmar on Feb. 28 was caused by equipment failure at the Willmar Substation. Willmar Municipal Utilities crews were able to get power back up within 40 minutes. Willmar Municipal Utilities is also asking that customers not call 911 to report an outage, but instead call the utilities.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.