Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kansas, Alabama? Contact your local utility company.
Top 25/nation roundup
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
SIERRA VISTA — A power outage affecting more than 2,000 customers in the vicinity of The Mall at Sierra Vista shortly after noon Friday, Sept. 2, occurred when a semi-truck
Due to the overnight power outages on Maui, several schools will be closed on Tuesday, Aug. 23.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
An unusual power outage on Saturday afternoon resulted in many downtown businesses closing early as searing temperatures neared triple digits.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.