Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Katy, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Houston weather: Power restored to thousands of Houston-area CenterPoint Energy customers after storms - ABC13 Houston
A majority of CenterPoint Energy customers got back their power Monday evening after thunderstorms blew through southeast Texas.
Last night residents in the South Lawn area had their world rocked for a minute after an explosion occurred.
Houston weather: Thousands Houston-area CenterPoint Energy customers without power during storms - ABC13 Houston
Thousands of residents in the Houston area are in the dark as thunderstorms roll in.
Natural Gas Futures, Cash Prices Bounce Back After Bullish Storage Print, Wintry Weather - Natural Gas Intelligence
Natural gas futures rebounded Thursday amid bullish shifts in weather conditions and a lighter-than-expected storage injection -- and despite widespread
Long lines at some of Texas' largest universities, power outages in San Antonio, and reports of broken machines have been seen on Election Day Texas.
A Texas city employee was electrocuted to death on Election Day while doing work at a park near a polling place, Centerpoint Energy confirmed in a statement.
Natural Gas Futures, Spot Prices Flounder Second Day Amid Hurricane Expectations, Freeport Unknowns - Natural Gas Intelligence
Natural gas futures fell for a second consecutive session Wednesday as a powerful storm approached the Southeast, threatening power outages, while traders
O'Rouke has been driving throughout the state, trying to build a coalition similar to the one he had in 2018, when he narrowly lost to Ted Cruz. But this is 2022.
Local residents say they've experienced frequent, fleeting outages for weeks without answers.
Residents in northwest Houston have been experiencing momentary interruptions in power since the end of September.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Katy, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.