Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kendall, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Strong winds, possibly from a tornado, damaged homes and vehicles in a Delray Beach neighborhood, and trees were downed in Miami Shores.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Much of the rest of Tennessee is functioning normally, with minimal outages.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kendall, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kendall, New York
|State||New York (NY)|