Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kenilworth, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
KENILWORTH, NJ - At approximately 4:57 p.m. on Friday, January 1, 2021, a power outage has occurred in Kenilworth. Please see the following update from Mayor Linda Karlovitch.
Tropical Storm Isaias Knocks Down Trees, Residents Still Without Power in Kenilworth | Kenilworth, NJ News TAPinto
KENILWORTH, NJ – Several residents still remain without power while others wait for tree companies to clean up damage after Tropical Storm Isaias swept through Kenilworth on Tuesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kenilworth, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kenilworth, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|