Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kent, Alabama? Contact your local utility company.
Kent Power Outages Caused by Weather
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
Thousands in Hampton Roads lose power due to Hurricane Ian | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
Thousands of homes and businesses in Hampton Roads and parts of the Outer Banks have lost power Friday as Hurricane Ian moves off the coast of the Carolinas.
Students were dismissed early from three Grand Rapids Public Schools buildings due to power outages Wednesday.
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Tens of thousands without power as severe storms roll through Birmingham area, downing trees and power lines - al.com
There were reports of trees downed from high winds as more than 40,000 Alabama Power customers were without electricity.
Another round of severe storms battered the South on Tuesday, with hail and howling winds wreaking havoc across the region.
EMA: Tornado carved 2 paths totaling 11 miles in Elmore County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Tuesday’s severe weather caused damage in multiple areas of central and south Alabama.
Severe Weather Outbreak: Two Dead, Dozens of Reports of Storm Damage Across South | Weather Underground
A severe weather outbreak marched across the South for a third day Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kent, Alabama
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.