Did you lose power?
See how your town voted on Election Day in Connecticut and get the latest updates as votes continue to be counted.
Royals’ power outage continues, KC loses 5-2 - Royals Review clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile Horizontal - White Follow Royals Review on Twitter Follow Royals Review on Facebook Horizontal - White Horizontal - White Vox Media
A thunderstorm rolled through the area and tried to charge things up, but Kansas City’s offense was too well grounded.
Power outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating after a storm brought lightning and strong winds blew tree limbs down.
The snow has left the D.C. region, but hundreds are still stuck in hellacious commutes on major and side roads while thousands of others are dealing with power outages.
The First Alert meteorologists are tracking the chance for severe weather Friday that could include an isolated tornado.
CT Power Outages: Still 90,000 Without Electricity Monday - Across Connecticut, CT - Eversource released town-by-town estimates for when power will be returned to nearly 90,000 Connecticut residents.
CT Power Outages Town-By-Town List - Southbury, CT - Around 9,000 customers are without power across the state Friday evening.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.