Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kent, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Strong winds moved through the Inland Northwest Friday night into Saturday morning, at one point leaving more than 26,000 people without power.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
UK blackout plans: The Government's emergency strategy for winter electricity rationing, explained in full
North Carolina A&T has resumed classes after electrical service was restored to most of the campus.
A fatal crash on SW Scholl's Ferry Road knocked out service for thousands of Xfinity customers and caused headaches for Timbers ticket holders on Sunday.
Thousands in Hampton Roads lose power due to Hurricane Ian | WAVY.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
Thousands of homes and businesses in Hampton Roads and parts of the Outer Banks have lost power Friday as Hurricane Ian moves off the coast of the Carolinas.
Island-Wide Blackout Confirms the Failure of LUMA, the Newly Privatized Electric Utility in Puerto Rico - CounterPunch.org
Sunday storm causes school closures, delays in Central Virginia as power outages persist | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
A Sunday evening storm through Central Virginia had lingering impacts, with school closures and delays seen across the commonwealth Monday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kent, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.