Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kincaid, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
UPDATE: (SEPTEMBER 23, 4:00 P.M.) BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) – Joshua Don Kincaid, who was wanted for several counts of First Degree Sexual Assault, First Degree Sexual Abuse, and Sexual Abuse by a parent or guardian has been located and arrested by State Police. ORIGINAL: (SEPTEMBER 12, 1:23 P.M.) BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) – According to the […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kincaid, West Virginia
|State||West Virginia (WV)|