Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kingmont, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Kingmont Power Outages Caused by Weather
I-79 lane closures for construction this week in Marion County | WBOY Open Navigation Close Navigation
The West Virginia Division of Highways (WVDOH) Wednesday announced more lane closures this week due to construction on Interstate 79.
FAIRMONT, W.Va. – Three people have been arrested in Marion County after a multi-county police chase ended in a manhunt. According to Harrison County Sheriff Robert Matheny, it started just before 6 p.m. Thursday when three people left Clarksburg and headed to Bridgeport in a pursuit involving law enforcement. While in Bridgeport, the three suspects […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kingmont, West Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kingmont, West Virginia
|State||West Virginia (WV)|