Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kingston, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
On Superstorm Sandy's 10-year anniversary, AGCS experts discuss this devastating weather event and five key steps to boosting companies’ storm resilience.
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
Storm damage: Ulster County declares state of emergency after strong thunderstorms down trees, power lines - ABC7 New York
Ulster County declared a state of emergency after strong storms tore through the area, knocking down trees and leaving thousands in the dark.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kingston, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kingston, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|