Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kinston, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Kinston Power Outages Caused by Weather
Ian: Things you need to know in southeastern North Carolina Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
After devastating Florida, Hurricane Ian made landfall in South Carolina Friday afternoon as a Category 1 storm. While the eastern coast of North Carolina wasn’t a direct hit, many areas felt the wrath of Ian as it came ashore.
Power restored to all parts of Kinston Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Kinston Mayor Don Hardy confirmed that all power has been restored in the city.
UPDATE: More than 7,000 without power in Onslow County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Jones-Onslow Electric is reporting 7,559 power outages in Onslow County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kinston, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kinston, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|
|Zip Codes||28501, 28502, 28503, 28504|