Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kirby, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Powell is an admirer of Paul Volcker’s fortitude, and he’s clearly drawing inspiration from the legendary Fed Chairman.
News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the world?s leading global business publication
Multiple utility poles damaged during crash with overturned car on Cleveland’s East side Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Cleveland Public Power workers were called to the city’s East side overnight to repair several utility poles that were knocked down during a crash.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kirby, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.