Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Knoxville, Tennessee? Contact your local utility company.
Knoxville Power Outages Caused by Weather
Key Points Power sales were up 3% due in part to demand growth in the region. TVA kept base power rates flat for the 3rd consecutive year in 2022, and returned...
A cemetery for the nameless in Austria, flooding in Venezuela, a "Star Wars" parade in Mexico City, low water in the lower Mississippi River, a spooky ruined abbey in England, and much more
First Utility District of Knox County repairing water service loss Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
The First Utility District of Knox County said late Friday they were working to restore water service after an outage for a 'significant area' of their service area.
Heritage-Sevier County resumes after power outage | WATE 6 On Your Side Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A power outage in Maryville temporarily paused a football game at Heritage High School against Sevier County High School. The power went out around 8:15 p.m. and was restored a little more than an hour later, around 9:30 p.m. Homecoming festivities are underway and the game will resume around 10 p.m. […]
Power outages could climb as wind and rain continues. High winds are hampering some recovery efforts.
Accident causes 'major power outages' near Robertsville Rd in Oak Ridge Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
The Oak Ridge Police Department is warning the public to avoid the area of Robertsville Road.
School officials expect students to return tomorrow, according to Union County Public Schools.
Union County elementary school dismissing early due to power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The school will be dismissing at noon.
The power outages affected thousands in Morris and Sussex counties after the line collapsed across a section of Route 80 West in Jefferson.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Knoxville, Tennessee
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||37901, 37902, 37909, 37912, 37914, 37915, 37916, 37917, 37918, 37919|